Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thinker.

      Okay, so I feel terrible for the lack of things I do everyday, but then I remember that starting Tuesday I'll be going nonstop again. So, I'm going to keep being a bum for my last few days at home. Today, I ventured all the way down the road to Walmart to get my oil changed. I hate going to Walmart because it always goes something like this...Look/feel like death, and you will see everyone you don't want to see when looking this way. Look/feel like you're having a good day, see no one...except Sam. Naturally, I fit into the first category today. Tonight, I cooked dinner for my family. It was some crazy easy chicken noodle casserole that I think came about pretty good. Hopefully they didn't eat it just to be nice...hmm. I guess I'll cook it for my roommates, and they can spit it out in disgust if it's not good. Hehe!
      During my sedentary time today, I stumbled across two pretty cool things. The first was this - 95 Questions to Help You Find Meaning and Happiness. The list is full of all the questions that you hesitate to answer because you realize your true answer isn't quite what you want it to be. It can be frustrating to face yourself and say, "Self, you're doing something wrong here." The second thing I found while I was looking at the first like is this website. It's a site full of questions that (as the title says) are there to make you think. I love it even more because things are so much more fun to read when there are pictures attached, right? To make this post semi-intersting tonight, I think I'm going to answer a few of the questions on the sites. Already I'm finding myself skipping certain questions just looking at them, so I'm going to answer #27 and #63 on the first one, and then I'll answer the 14th one and the 58th one on the second site. That's irrelevant...I'm just writing it so I actually do it. It'll be really cool to read my answers to these things a year from now when I'm reading over all of this madness. Bear with me!

What’s the number one thing you want to achieve in the next five years?
      Well, there are quite a few things I want to have done before I'm 26. Really, I just want to be confident and sure of whatever I am doing with my life. Whether I'm still in school pursuing something new or starting a family or traveling all over the world, I just want to feel a peace in my heart...the peace you only feel when you know you're doing what you're supposed to be doing in that moment. That's definitely not something I have right now.

What are you naturally good at?
      I hate questions like this. Darn you, #63! Ugh. Okay, I guess I'm naturally good at staying calm and grounded when others might not be able to. Any time I get really upset, no matter what it's about, I can usually keep my mind right and deal with it. It's really hard to make me so upset that I get caught up in the moment.  

What is there no substitute for?
      Hmm...knowing you are loved. Whether it's the love of a friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, or whoever else, there's just nothing like it. I want to describe this further, but I just can't.

What are three positive things that happened to you this year?
      Since this year has only been 12 days long, I'm going to cheat a little and reach back into 2011. So, the first thing would be moving into an apartment! I feel like that was a huge step towards becoming a "biggirl" as I like to say. The best part is, I live with three of my best friends. It's nice to have an apartment where everyone can actually spend time together in the living room. It always freaks me out when I go to a friends apartment and they hardly know anything about their roommate(s). Secondly, I finished my first year of college! I'm about to start my fourth semester, and it definitely doesn't feel like that much time has passed. When I finished my first year, I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. I felt like I had made the right choices in major choice, school choice, and all of that. I still feel that way today! Lastly, I went on a mission trip to Kingston, Jamaica. I think hundreds of positive things happened to me on that trip. It changed my heart to something my old heart probably wouldn't recognize, and it changed my view of the world and my view of my role in this world. I left a huge chunk of myself with those people, and I carry them with me everyday. I can't wait to go back!

I think that's enough of my madness for this evening. I have a feeling I'll be going back to those sites often when I feel like doing a little self-evaluation. Tonight, I will leave you with a picture of the place these cold days remind me of. Later!
Tignall, GA y'all!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment