Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Day of Nothingness.

      Ah, it feels good to be back. I got to sleep until 10:30 this morning, and I have a feeling that's the last time I'll be able to do that until...April? I could cry just thinking about waking up before 7am tomorrow. Anyway, I finally did some useful physical activity today! Stew, Hannah, and I went for a run at The Cottages (big shots, I know). Stew and I managed to pump out four miles (Hannah managed about three - she was a trooper!) around the lakes and "hiking trails". The trails consisted of a bunch of dead little trees, and the lakes had weird things that kept spraying me. We ran into the cutest puppy named Nola along the way, so that could be why our run seemed to take a while...
      After we recovered and freshened up, we had to go on a lightbulb run. Somehow, we had three burnt out lightbulbs and a lamp that was missing its lightbulb completely. When we got home from the store, there was a newspaper covered gift hanging on our wall. Our friend Jacob was so excited to show us the gift he had gotten us that he made us all sit down as he presented it. Knowing we are such lovely Catholic ladies, he purchased us a glowing Virgin Mary clock. That's right, the top half is a picture of Mary that lights up and the bottom half is a clock with some weird pattern behind it. He found this gem in gypsy tent, believe it or not. He is extremely proud of it, so I guess we'll have to leave it hanging even though it isn't very good at telling time.
      Tonight, we went and met a group of friends for an MLK Day party. I was lucky enough to find Baby Martin in my piece of Martin Luther King Cake! Isn't he cute?
Baby Martin!
After a round of very intense Candyland, Hannah and I had to rescue Stew from Sorority Row so we could head home. Since being back I have successfully figured out where all of my classes for tomorrow will be...well except for one. I won't know my full schedule until 7am tomorrow. Ridiculous! I also managed to put a binder and notebook into my booksack, so I'm basically on the road to a 4.0...right? Anyway, I'm totally nervous but excited for tomorrow. It's the first day of my fourth semester. Wow. I still can't comprehend that I've conquered three semesters with only a few scrapes and bruises. It's absolutely crazy that in about five months, I'll be halfway to a college degree. I love LSU so much, but it's definitely not somewhere I want to be taking classes for more than four years, you know? I pray that I can quickly get into a mindset that will lead me to success in all of my classes this semester. I should probably pray hard since I already have Physics homework due Friday...ahhhhhh! I'm completely exhausted, so I think I'll catch an episode of Friends with the roomies before attempting to get a good night's sleep. Knowing me, I'll be up until 3am. Later!

     

1 comment: