Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Has-been Evening.

     Dang, it is COLD! Okay, so the thermometer on my fireplace says it's 71 degrees in here, but you know what I mean. This afternoon, I had intentions of bundling up and going for a 1.5hr run. Pshhhhh. I made it twenty minutes and was ready to die, most likely because I haven't run in a few days, it was 40 something degrees, and I treated my body like I hated it over the weekend. Tomorrow I'll try again, and I will pump out an hour and a half even if I'm crawling by the end.
     Anyway, after I managed to drag myself home and through the shower, I headed to lunch with my bffl/most famous/weirdest/meanest friend I will ever have, Alex (you asked for it!). We went to Joppe's, and Alex enjoyed her soup so much that she refused to remove the cheese strings from her face the entire time she was eating.
It's impossible to contain excitement when soup is this good.
I've always loved how this place looks inside. So...warm?
     After devouring two large bowls of soup, we decided to be crafty and make some Nutella ice cream. The recipe called for just Nutella and bananas...yeah I should've seen this coming. Long story short, they should have just called it banana ice cream that looks like chocolate. By the way, I am NOT a banana fan. At all. I have issues with foods that don't require teeth. Weird, I know.
    Before I was completely saddened by my banana ice cream, I was forced against my will to attend a basketball game at my old high school. Actually, I was forced to attend two games because someone "thought it started at 5" when, in fact, it started at 615. WHAT. For some reason, I really, really don't like going back to my alma mater. Okay, I know exactly why I don't like going back, but no one wants to hear about that. I'm pretty sure I only go back because those girls are still, and will probably always be, my little sisters. Needless to say, it was totally awkward. Then I proceeded to get way too into the game and got all hot, then I played basketball and moved in ways I haven't moved in two years. All in all, an awful experience.   :P
     After all of that, I went to the Boulet house to end my night. I was harassed by children ranging in age from 8-19, learned a new handshake and magic trick, ate pumpkin mac and cheese, and Sporcled till my head was about to pop. Now, I'm going to watch the Sugar Bowl with my Daddy (or harass him until he gives up the remote). Later!


1 comment:

  1. I love getting into your world. It makes me feel like we don't live so far. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete