Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Beginning.

     Happy New Year! One of the things I've decided to do for myself this year is blog. I have no theme and certainly no direction, but this seems like a pretty neat way to document self growth and all that jazz.  A friend of mine did a 365 picture blog, and my roommate is currently doing one on her running ventures (shout out to seemelmove!). Now, let's begin...


New Orleans sunrise.   
     To me, this year more so than usual, a new year symbolizes a new beginning.  When I look at this sunrise picture (the only one I have ever been awake to take), I'm reminded that no matter how bad one day might be, God is great enough to grant us a fresh start every single morning.  Just think about it - even on the nights that you go to bed feeling like your world has ended, you wake up the next morning feeling better (even if it is only a little bit). No matter how bad you screw up, you are given the chance to make things right everyday. This idea has always been so comforting to me.
     I've been thinking a lot about my 2011 these past few days, especially the lessons I need to carry with me into this year and the things I need to do better at.  I can honestly say I never thought my year would end the way that it did. My two and a half year relationship ended shortly before the year did, and that kind of turned my world upside down (excuse my drama queen attitude).  I've spent the last few weeks questioning so many things about that relationship, my relationships with other loved ones, and most importantly, my relationship with myself.  I've learned that no matter how much you love someone, you have to love yourself more. That's right - be a bit narcissistic. You are the only person on this planet who is guaranteed to never abandon you. It's just too darn hard! Also, I've learned that if I hadn't grown so much in my relationship with the Big Man this year, I'd be losing my mind right now. I realize I have so much more growing to do in that area, and I can't wait to see how it happens in the coming year.
    Like I said, I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this, but bear with me. This year has so much in store for me. Whether I'm writing about the national championship game, my second mission to Kingston, or the weddings of friends, I'll do my best to be worth your time. Until then, I'm going to continue my New Year's Eve recovery while laying in my comfy bed watching Pretty Woman. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment