Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SUCCESS.

     Well, I did it! I finally managed to run eight miles. Now I just have to be able to run...5 more after that. In exactly two months. Let the challenge begin! On March 4th, two of my roomies and I will be doing the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans. Since it's only two months away, I figured it's time for me to start taking training seriously for longer than a week at a time. So, I headed to my old high school's track for a long run. It felt like it took forever, but after about an hour and twenty minutes of my legs and feet yelling at me, I had completed all eight miles. It felt great, and figuring out how many calories I had burned felt even better. Calories disappearing is always motivating!
     I was so proud of myself that I decided dinner and a movie would be a great way to celebrate. My friend Caroline, my brother BJ, and I headed to Lafayette and had a delicious meal before going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Widdle brudder enjoying his meal!

Ommmnomnomnom.
     As you can see, the food was yummy and my tummy was happy. As for the movie...it wasn't as kind to my tummy. I thought it was really well done because it had us talking all the way home, and I always love a good murder mystery. There were a few parts that were wayyy too graphic for my poor mind, so let's hope I avoid nightmares tonight! Tomorrow I'll take the day off from running to recover and head to New Orleans with my friend Allison to see Kathy Griffin. We're both so excited!!! I'm sure I won't post about it tomorrow, but I'll make up for it on Friday. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment