Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Final Stretch.

      I apologize for my lack of existence over the past ten days, but I've been a busy girl!  I've been turning in assignment after assignment, but it's so nice to see my "to do" list shrinking by the minute.  So many things have been going on, and with just two weeks of school left, things are about to get even crazier. I'll deal with that when I come to it though. Since I've last posted...

Hayley had her bridal shower! 
      It still blows my mind that one of my friends from high school is getting married in a little over a month.  If there's anyone who is ready for it though, it's her. She's already a great mom, student, friend, and everything else, so I'm sure being a good wife will be a breeze.  I can't wait for her wedding!
Are we really old enough to go to these things? Still blows my mind.
I gave my last speech in public speaking!
      I can't even tell you how happy I was when this happened.  I gave a made up Maid of Honor toast, and it was definitely my best speech yet. I managed to remember the entire thing and deliver it almost exactly like I wanted to. The best part about it is, I think I might actually come out of this class with an A. I think I see a new pair of Chaco's are in the near future!

Softball had their last home game of the season.
      Okay, so this technically won't happen until 1pm, but we're close enough.  I can't believe how quickly this season has flown by.  It's crazy to me that Alex has almost completed two seasons playing college softball and still manages to maintain her sanity (for the most part).  I'll be out of the country with no access to technology when they start the postseason, so hopefully they're still in it when I get home!

Jamaica is now 17 days away!!!!
      I'm too excited about this one.  I still find myself waking up some morning singing church songs from the Caribbean mass.  Last year's Jamaica trip was pretty much the most amazing time of my life, and I can't wait to see what this year will be like now that I know what to expect (and, hopefully, will be spending an entire ten days in Jamaica).  We have a meeting about it this afternoon, so I'm sure day dreaming about Kingston will distract me for the rest of the afternoon. Oh well!

      Like I said, I've been crazy busy with school lately. I've got my first final this week, and I've got like six huge assignments due.  On Tuesday, Stew, Brittany, and I are going to see The Fray in the French Quarter, and on Saturday, Stew's brother is getting married.  So get ready, there will actually be an interesting post in the near future! For now, I'm going to go to lunch with my parents, a softball game, and a Jamaica meeting before drowning myself in papers for the rest of the day. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment