Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One More Month.

      Spring break was wonderful, but it's time to get back to the grind for four more weeks.  I have yet to do anything productive since returning from Texas on Sunday, and blogging is just about the last thing I have left to do on my procrastination list.  I'm lacking in stories about adventures I've had, so I guess I'll give you one or two of my deeply rooted wisdom nuggets today. Yay nuggets!
      I just finished reading The Faith Club for my religion class. In one section, I came across this awesomeness that Mother Teresa used to print on her "business card".

      That is like...perfect.  It's crazy how easily I was able to apply it to my life the moment I read it.  I love to take a few minutes (admittedly, those few minutes sometimes turn into lots and lots of minutes) to just sit in silence and think.  As I think, my thoughts turn to prayer. As I pray, I remember all of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me and the ones I love, and this strengthens my faith.  Through my faith, I am able to love in situations that I never thought I would be able to. This is where it gets good. With this ability to love even when it seems difficult, I'm able to serve. Specifically, I am able to serve the poorest of the poor. Through this service, I find a peace that I have never been able to find anywhere else. To this day, I have never felt more at peace and sure of God's existence than I did in Kingston last summer. As our departure date for Jamaica gets closer (29 days!), I find myself remembering last years trip more and more throughout each day.  I would leave tonight if I could! There's just really nothing like looking into the face of someone who has nothing (in terms of worldly possessions) and seeing love...and nothing more. What else do we need? I think there's a song about that. I mean seriously, when is the last time you went an entire day without stressing or worrying about something silly. I bet it's been a really, really long time. It's so hard to just sit back and enjoy what you've got when you live in a world that is always striving to be better at things that don't really matter. When friends from home comment on the fact that I've changed, I usually just answer with, "Jamaica."
      Even though I'm ready to go, there are still four weeks of school work, a wedding, a concert, a bridal shower, and so much more to experience first. I guess it's time to be a big girl and get some work done. Later!

P.S. I found this on my bedroom door when I got home, and another one like it in the kitchen. I said yes! I mean, what more does a girl want than a nice proposal and access to her husband's money? 0:)
Melanie makes a cute groomsmen, doesn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment