Friday, April 6, 2012

The Day He Died for Me.

      Today was absolutely perfect. Instead of waking up at the crack of dawn to go to class and work, I woke up at lunchtime to go absolutely nowhere. Aside from having to finish some physics homework, I didn't have to do a single school-related thing today. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not actually summer yet! I got to spend the day with my family and my SIC Caroline doing nothing but chowing down on crawfish, attempting to dye eggs, riding bikes, and watching a little LSU softball. Tomorrow, I get to sped some time with my niece and nephew and hopefully hit up the Easter Vigil, my favorite mass of the year. There's just something about that paschal candle!
Forgotten eggs apparently get blisters.
      As some of you might have forgotten in the midst of your crawfish boils, today is Good Friday. It's the day that Jesus died in order for you and I to live such amazing lives. Even at 20 years old, I still find it almost impossible to comprehend. Jesus died for me? He allowed himself to be tortured to death...for me? How am I worthy of that love? What have I done with this life to deserve that? I certainly don't feel deserving of this love, yet here I am. Here I am being completely, perfectly loved. Amazing.
      I hope that you all were able to spend time with people who are truly important to you today. We are all blessed with certain people who would do anything for us. They're the people who would give up anything to make our lives better without even thinking about what that might mean for them. I found myself thinking about that so much today as I spent time with my parents in this home that they've created for us over the years. I know they've given up so much for my brother and I, and I only hope that I can be like them when I'm a parent. As goofy and annoying as they can be, they love me so much and do everything they can to make me happy. I am so blessed I can hardly stand it!
      Now, I'm going to curl up with a great, not school related book until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I urge you to take a long, hard look at your life as this holy week goes on. Make yourself fully aware of your blessings, and thank the ones who have provided them. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment