Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rainy Days.

      Well, today was...wet. Very, very wet.  This morning, I awoke to a torrential downpour and tornado watches. I didn't have any classes today, but I did have to trek to school to turn in a paper. LSU, you should really have parking for people who need to be somewhere for fifteen minutes or less. I literally waded through a brand new pond in the pouring rain and had my boots filled with water just so I could turn in this stupid paper which I will most likely not get an A on. I felt victorious as I approached the submission box...until I pulled the paper out of my coat to see that it was soaked. Instead of fretting that I would lose points, I just put it in the box and soaked all the other papers. We can't all lose points...right?  Luckily, I got to spend the rest of the day at work looking at the rain instead of walking in it.  On my way home, I felt so bad for anyone that had to walk or bike through this...
That's not a ditch...it's a sidewalk.
      After work, I headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings to have dinner with Melanie and some of her friends. This is a note to myself that I need to look into a fundraiser like that for Jamaica! After dinner, I headed back to the apartment and was greeted by this lake...
My car was smoking after this...notice the waves
and fully submerged speed bump.
      As gross as today was, I think we'll be back to this great spring weather soon. I might not like to sweat, but I like it so much more than I like shivering. The cold is miserable to me! 
      I can't lie, the weather fit my mood pretty well today. It was all over the place, and nothing about it was pretty. I'll probably slap myself later for blogging about this, but it's 1am and I'm talkative. 0:)
Today would have been my three year anniversary if there was still an anniversary to be celebrated. Three years ago tonight, I told myself, "Emily, quit being such a baby and let the boy kiss you already." I'm telling you, that's exactly what I said to myself. If you know me, you know I obviously listened to myself. For weeks before, I worried that if I dared to leave the "friend zone", terrible awful things would happen. I was wrong...for a little while at least. Even today I still question if I made the wrong choice. I'm one of those people who doesn't regret things, but I'm also one of those people who questions how things would be if certain moments had gone differently in my life. There's just something about losing a best friend, no matter how long you've been friends or what your story is, that just sucks so bad. I've been there a few times, and I think it's safe to say this is the worst one. I guess because it's something I can never get back. The kid is a complete stranger to me now, but I guess that's the path we've chosen to go down. It's tough, but it's life. If people didn't hurt us, we wouldn't fully appreciate those who have our best interest at heart. If relationships didn't fail, we wouldn't value the ones that get us through each and every day.
      I let myself feel down today, but it's time to stop that. I would be foolish to let this obscure my view of all the great things that I have in my life. My friends, my family, my opportunities...I've been blessed with so much. I thank God, as often as my fallible mind can remember to, for this life that He has blessed me with.  I've got friends that I know will be my friends for the rest of my life. We'll be having wine parties at 80 while we reminisce about the ones we had at 20. I've got a family that supports me in everything I want to do. No matter what I approach my parents with, they do their best to put their reservations aside and let me live and learn. I'm currently going to the college I always wanted to and pursuing a degree in something that I know will make me happy when I'm out of school. The positives are infinitely greater than the negatives. I love this life, and if I ever try to tell you differently, please slap me. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment