Friday, March 16, 2012

Busy Life.

      Time is seriously flying right past me. I've been insanely busy these past few weeks. I wish I could say it was because I was out having the time of my life, but truly, most of my time is consumed by studying and papers and a few minutes of sleep here and there. Spring break can't come fast enough! So much has happened in the past few weeks, so here are some of the highlights:
      I ran my first half marathon! You can find a whole post about that below this one, but I just had to say it one more time. It's crazy!
      I got my first F in college. No really, I've never done that bad on anything else in my life. I was totally miserable for a few hours, but as usual, being negative and pouting didn't make me feel better at all. Physics is ridiculous and unnecessary, and I will never use these formulas again after next fall. The professor knows it's true, so why is he trying to destroy my GPA?! Whatever, dude.
      I survived midterms! Although I failed my physics test, I managed to get a 100, a 96, and a 95 on my other exams during the week. It's nice to see some A's again! It's even nicer to know that the semester is at least halfway over. 9 weeks to go!
      I finished up my volunteering at the food bank. I'm really going to miss those people! The other volunteers never failed to make me laugh and look at things from a new perspective. Oh, and I will never, ever, ever throw trash into one of those red bins again. I don't think I ever did consciously, but still! I've seen the other side, and pulling someone's gum off of a can of corn is not enjoyable.  
      Molly turned twenty! That's right, we have added another member to the twenties club. Molly, my friend from good old Evangeline Hall, is our newest member. Check out her cake!
Yeah, it's a pineapple!
      I realized I've been single for three months now. Okay, I know you probably scoffed at that, but it's crazy to me! When you haven't for almost three years, it can be kind of a hard thing to get used to. Actually, it's ridiculously hard to get used to. All I can say is I'm much better off than I ever thought I would be, and I'm so grateful to everyone who is a part of that. Love you guys!
      Softball started SEC play. Over the past two years, I've started to like softball...but just a little. I mean I kind of have to like it since there will be two players in my apartment next year. As if Alex isn't smelly enough...
Basically levitating. No big deal though.
Self-proclaimed "best guy fan ever". I couldn't resist!
      Nicole is visiting!!!  Definitely the highlight of this week. Our dear Nikki abandoned us for Texas A&M after freshman year, and now she's finally reclaiming us and visiting! We all went to dinner last night, and I'm sure we'll get into something else when I get back to Baton Rouge tomorrow. I just love how even after not seeing each other for almost a year, nothing has really changed. We all still do embarrassing things in public and even more embarrassing things at home. I doubt that will ever change!
      As crazy as things have been school wise, there is still even more craziness to come. Tonight I'm hitting up a retirement party (it's going to be wild, I swear!), tomorrow I'm running the Race for the Cure in Lafayette, and then it's back to the school grind until next weekend when we have the Heart Walk and Groovin' on the Grounds! Let's hope I manage to post before another two weeks have passed. Later!




No comments:

Post a Comment