Monday, June 25, 2012

Post-Jamaica Life.

      I can't believe that one month ago today, I was on my way home from Kingston. I was so ready to eat some red meat, and my feet were finally returning to a size that allowed me to wear more than just flip flops again. Life since then has been crazy busy, but I've loved every minute of it! Here's a little taste of what I've been up to.

LSU Softball made it to the World Series!
      When I got off the plane in Miami, I was dying to find out if they'd made it past regionals. As soon as I got on the internet, I saw an article saying they were headed to Missouri. That meant they'd made it to supers! I would have rerouted my New Orleans flight to Missouri right then if I could have! Instead, I had to settle for watching the series at home. Before I knew it, they were celebrating a Super Regional victory and heading to Oklahoma City for the first time in eight years. There was no way I was going to miss that, so me, my mom, my brother, and my road trip buddy Celia packed up the car and headed on a little impromptu vacation to Oklahoma. It was Wednesday, and we had to be back by Friday night for a wedding, but the 20+ hours of traveling didn't even phase us.
      I didn't tell Alex we were coming, and she claims to this day that she was totally surprised.  It was so great to watch them compete in one of the most exciting games of their lives, and I'm so glad we made the trip up. They won one game and lost two, and the fact that they finished as a Top 10 team still blows my mind. Softball is still one of my least favorite sports, but I would go to every LSU game if I could. I mean I've got to have something to talk about when I'm hanging out with those crazies!
ASA Hall of Fame Park. So awesome!
Hayley got married!
      I still can't believe this finally happened! I think we've all been waiting for this day for years. It's crazy that my first good friend has gotten married. Doesn't this start a chain reaction or something? The wedding was at St. Joe's in Rayne, and the reception was at some beautiful place in the middle of nowhere in Iota. Hayley and Cory looked so happy the entire time, and I was just so happy for them. If I do decide to have a wedding that actually involves guests, I hope it's a lot like hers. That reception was probably the most fun party we've ever been to!
Reunited and it feels so gooooood.
Hayley amazes me everyday. I know I definitely couldn't handle raising a child, much less raising a child while staying in school, getting good grades, and doing what it takes to get into dental hygiene school. All that endurance training as a kid sure paid off!
Seriously, could she be any more beautiful?

Summer school started.
      This has honestly turned out to be one of the worst decisions ever! I spend my mornings in class, my afternoons at work, and then I come home and turn down all offers to hang out because I have to study. It feels nothing like summer! Yes, I'll be happy to have this class out of the way in two weeks, but there are about a million other things I'd rather be doing with my time right now. Lesson learned! At least I have Hannah here to endure the misery with me.

      Admittedly, life has been weird since getting back from Jamaica. There are so many things I want to do, but I feel so tied down by so many things. I hate it! I feel like a sick child who is watching everyone else play outside. I want to be overseas or at least on the other side of the Mississippi River with all of my friends. Once school is over, I have plans to do all kinds of stuff. Hopefully one of those things is a last minute vacation with my bro to somewhere exciting! We'll see. Until then, you'll have to deal with my boring rants. Later!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment