Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Mixed Feelings Day!

      Hola amigos! I would wish you all a happy Valentine's day, but some people really don't like this day. I mean really, reallyyyy don't like it. So, happy Tuesday! Since I last posted, my life has become super interesting. I'm telling you, you won't be able to stop reading from this point on! Okay, enough with the sarcasm...
      On Sunday, I started out the day with some lovely Jesus time at St. Judes. I love the priests there, but they are going to be renovating the church after Easter, so we will probably have to find somewhere else to go. Unless we decide we can handle 700 people in the parish hall...that thought just gives me Christmas mass nightmares. Blehhh. Anyway, after that, I went to Alex's one and only game of the day. They won in five innings, so I didn't get to avoid my homework as long as I wanted to. I snuck a creepy picture of her while I was there!
The first of many creeper shots.
After the game, I came home and pretended to get homework done for a few hours. That night, we had our valentine's date to see The Vow. I guess you could say it was enjoyable. It made me totally miserable, but that's kind of the point of those movies...right?
      Monday was nothing special. I got to sleep late (8am feels like noon these days), and I only had one class to worry about. Class let out early, so I got to come home and act like a bum for a little while before heading to work for the afternoon. That night, in order to avoid writing a paper, I cooked some yummy chicken noodle soup. So Mrs. Janice, if you see this, send some more soup kits!
      This morning, we got a little valentine surprise on our porch! When I opened the door to leave for school at 7:15, I saw this blocking the door.
Please ignore the spider web...
Upon further investigation, I saw that the note said...
Follow the arrow...
Under the mass of spider webs, I found these!
Amazing.
Is there any better way to start a morning than finding a Reese's with your name on it? Heck no. Our dear friend, who identified himself as J.A.N., left all of us these sweet treats. It's kind of freaky that he was standing outside my window at some point, but I'll try not to think about that part.
      Now, I have to ask. Why do so many people hate Valentine's Day? This is my first single V-day in a while, and I didn't feel the urge to go around popping everyone's balloons and stomping on their roses. Even as a (somewhat) recently single person, I did not lay in bed all day hating happy people and happy things. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded having someone to spoil me, but that's just not the point. To me, this is just a day where we are called to remind those that we love how we feel. It's 100% possible to have a wonderful Valentine's Day without having a significant other. Too many people use this day as an excuse to throw a pity party for themselves. Come on, folks! No one wants to watch you pout! So, do yourself a favor. Remind your friends and family that you love them, and I'll do the same. If I had the time, I'd write everyone I could that means a lot to me one of my nice little letters. Too bad I have a paper and a speech to finish. Ugh!
      I was going to end there, but another surprise came knocking at our door! I had to share it with you guys.
So cute!
If you can't tell, each of us got a picture. Caroline is the giraffe, I'm the penguin, Mel is the lion, and Alex is the traveling turtle. You might ask yourself, "Huh?" but I have learned that some questions will never be answered, especially when you're dealing with the boy in that baby picture. This is our admirer up close!
Don't you just want to hug him?!
If you scrolled through here and just looked at the pictures, at least do yourself a favor and read this! For the rest of the day, love and allow yourself to be loved. Then do it again tomorrow. Maybe even the day after that. I promise you'll feel so much better. Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment